Wednesday, June 29, 2011
This shoot was definitely different than the last 12 months. Yes it started to get harder at 6 months when she able to move around more in the chair and then at 9 months when she figured out how to get out of chair and crawl away but this month keeping her in that chair for even a second was almost impossible. She would just stand up and walk away! Getting those adorable smiles was actually the easy part which use to be the hard part in the earlier months=) Funny how things change...
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Nope not a post about Jacie... but about somethings alittle summery.
For Christmas I received a gift card that I have yet to use. Last week I finally went online and ordered some cute little flippy flops for the season =) I got them today and they fit perfectly and look pretty cute if I do say so myself... Now if only I could get a nice tan and a pedicure.
She has really taken off this month. She is becoming more and more toddler like and losing the babyness (is that even a word?)
-The main thing is she is truly a walker. She practices everyday and doesn't get discouraged if she falls. She just picks herself back up and continues!
-Her vocabulary continues to grow. She is saying mama, dada, dog, meow, baa, down, uh oh, hi (while waving)
- Body parts she is able to point to are eyes, nose, mouth and toes
- She is able to imitate lots of sound we make, including the dog. She can pant and sniff like our dog.
- One of the most adorable things she does is her random laugh!!! If we are laughing or other people are laughing around her she will just laugh out loud with us/them and smile real big! Its ADORABLE!
- She got tooth #5 and 6 this month. That brings her tally to 6 total, 4 on top, 2 on bottom. No others are in sight as of now.
- She is getting to appreciate her toys much more and understanding how they work.
- Her favorite toy has got to be her kitchen. She is starting to understand imaginary play.
- She pretends to eat and drink items. She pretends to chew and then goes "ahhh" with her mouth wide open.
- She loves her baby doll! She can feed her baby its bottle, give it food from a spoon, hug, kiss and burp it.
- Loves taking things out of any box or basket and sometimes enjoys putting them back.
- She only takes 1 bottle a day which is her last bottle. Rest of the day is sippy cups.
- She started practicing using a spoon/fork. She understands the concept of it but has a hard time getting food on it but when she does she takes it to her mouth.
- Comprehends more and more of what we say or ask her every day. She can "respond" to our questions and understand us. She is able to bring me back things if I ask for them or point.
She is growing into a little lady =)
Friday, June 24, 2011
I have been wanting to do this for a while now. I painted my toes last night and when Jacie saw them this morning she looked interested so I thought we'll try. She did awesome and sat very still. The hard part of painting those teeny tiny toe nails so they aren't perfect but perfect enough. =)
Want to know what Jacie has been up to this month? Stay tuned for the 13th month post!
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
I think it's safe to say that Jacie is offically a walker now. A few days ago she figured out how to stand on her own and since then she has really taken off. She no longer needs a piece of furniture to help her stand and she is able to just stand back up and continue if she falls. Before when she fell she was done. She is definitely pretty proud of herself too. Tonight we were practicing and cheering her on and every time she would reach her "destination" she would turn around and clap at herself. This last month has been walking practice for her and she is finally understanding how it all works =)
Friday, June 17, 2011
19lbs 12oz (25%)
17.5 head circumference (25%)
She is back to being little but is completely proportional! Everything is great. The doctor was satisfied with her gross motor and her fine motor skills and her vocabulary. The only recommendations she suggested was maybe adding some iron drops to her milk since she is definitely not taking 16oz of milk and is not a fan of meat (as of now), but we can do that. She got her blood taken from her toe which she didn't mind at all. I think she was very interested to what the nurse was doing she is just amazed. They were checking for anemia and iron deficiency. We should get the results back within a week. The 2 shots however Jacie was not a fan of. She got the chicken pox in 1 thigh and the MMR vaccine in the other. I guess we will see how the rest of the day goes. We were told she might break out into a rash with these. We were then told we were doing a good job and she is looking great!!!!!!!
Friday, June 10, 2011
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Well, here we are. When I started this blog back in October 2009, the idea of having a 1 year old seemed SOOOOOOOO far away and yet its here! I was going to hold off until her 1 year doctor appointment but since that is not for another 2 more weeks I figured I will just write about that later on and give an official weight/height then.
Here is what is going on with our 1 year old:
-She is now in size 4 diapers.
-Fits best in 12 month clothes, but yet she can still fit in a variety of sizes.
-Pretty much eats anything and everything with a few exceptions.
-Is becoming more and more of a talker! Not really saying many words that I am aware of, but she babbles and "sings" lots now.
-Took her 1st steps on May 24. The next week would not walk at all and now as of lately she is starting to take off on her own!
-Loves toys that she can put things in and take things out of
- She knows where shoes go. She tries to put her own shoes on or if she gets ahold of mine she will bring them to me and try to put them on me.
- If she is wearing a hat or a bow WHEN she gets it off she tries to put it back.
-Loves books- I have never seen her "read" a book upside down or backwards! I find that really strange knowing that I have had 5 year olds who don't know how to hold a book the right way.
- Starting to climb up or over things.
- Has fallen way too many times!!! My least favorite part of a wobbly toddler!!!!! She wants to do things she is not able to just yet.
So summer vacation is officially here! My big plans for Jacie this summer is the big milk switch (which we have practically already done), saying byebye to bottles! and getting onto a 1 nap a day schedule (since that is what happens in daycare)
I can not wait to spend the next 70 days (give or take a few) just being with my baby!!!!!!