Sunday, May 30, 2010

Not even making it to 9 months pregnant!

Just thought I would share my birth story. At my 34 wk, 6 day appt I was asked to do another 24 hour urine sample and another round of labs. I was warned at the appointment if my numbers weren't looking good baby was coming out. On Wed (5/26) I received a call from my doc office saying my urine was great so I thought "Awesome! We are in the clear!!" On Thursday I received another phone calling from the office and that one was not so good. My liver enzyme numbers were high and they told me to pack up and head up to l&d and I would be induced that night!!!!

Thursday night we arrived at the hospital at about 5:30pm. I was then hook up to my IV, Magnesium Sulfate because of my blood pressure and at another point during the induction hooked up to penicillin for +GBS. They placed the first round of cytotec at 7pm and received 3 more after that . By the next morning I was barely having contractions and haven't progressed at all. I was still were I started. 1cm!!! I then started pitocin. A few hours later, my doctor broke my water in hopes to get things rolling, but really had not much change. I was then moved around the bed in different positions. At 3pm I was rolled on my right side and then the contractions started. I dealt with them for a good hour and asked for the epi. The epi was a hard and long process. Sitting up straight for 45 minutes contracting not being able to move was horrible. The first epi was placed in a vein and could have caused me seizures, so I had the whole epi procedure done twice. After it was through I laid back down and they started the medicines. As soon as they began that my bp started dropping pretty fast. I then began to get sick because of it. They gave me rounds and rounds of meds to get it up and to get my stomach feeling better. All I could do was try to sleep because I was so miserable! Every time the doctors touched me or turned me over to check me I would throw up. I was then told if I hadn't made a huge jump at 8pm a c-section might take place. By 8 I was 4cm but baby wasn't low and my cervix still wasn't at 100%. She came back at 9:15, rolled me over to check me, again I starting throwing up and hadn't changed. My doctor decided it was time to get baby out!!

Jacie Ann was born Fri, May 28 at 9:56pm weighing 5lbs 5oz and 19in long, via c-section. Being only a 35 week baby NICU was there ready to take her. After she came out, I only saw her when they showed her to me before they took her out to get assessed. I was then wheeled back to my room and was told that Jacie would be in that night. At 1:15am she came in and we were told she was perfect. She had no problems and could stay with us the rest of our stay!!! Of course they kept a close eye on the whole time but never had to return to the NICU. I stayed on the magnesium until 5pm yesterday. I finally was able to get out of bed and start working through my c-section pain. We are getting released to go home tomorrow =)

No comments:

Post a Comment