Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mystery rash

... is still just that

Monday evening I noticed Jacie was getting a little spotty. I thought maybe she was having a reaction to something she had ate so I started thinking about everything she has eaten in the last 2 days but none of it was new food! We didn't change any soap or detergent so I knew it wasn't that either. My hopes were she would wake up Tuesday and it would be gone but it was worse!! It covered almost every body part and her face was bright red. I have no idea what was going on. She was acting just like herself, she had no fever, she hadn't been sick at all! I made the call to the doctor and we went in the afternoon. They ran a strep test which came back negative, they did a throat culture for 2 days which was also negative. 


We were told it could be from 1) a flare up of her kerosis pilaris she has on her legs and arms. Hers is very mild but it does sometimes get red. We did get a referral to a pediatric dermatologist so we will be looking into going to see him this summer. Maybe we can get a stronger cream than the over the counter stuff I have been using. or 2) just a virus. After many google searches and actually reading more about them my guess is it could have been fifth's disease. I just remembered last night that almost 3 weeks ago she randomly woke up 1 morning with a runny nose and that evening she had a low grade fever, but the next day it was gone and she acted like it never happened. The rash itself doesn't look like what is shown in the pictures so I am not 100% certain that is what it was.

As of today the rash is MUCH better. Yes it is still there but not a red and her face, stomach and back are almost clear.

July 9- that is her arm, her cheek and her leg. 

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the rash K had when she was diagnosed with Roseola, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001963/. If it is that it will go away in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could be. The only thing that confuses me about it is she was not sick at all except for the random day 3 weeks ago. Thankfully the rash is almost completely gone!

    ReplyDelete